5 | Oh Yeah, I'm Getting Married

Friday, November 21, 2014

Oh Hey, Friday! Nice to see you again! With all things baby recently, you I may have forgotten I'm getting married in just over six months. When Erik and I got engaged in February, June 2015 seemed like an eternity away, but now it's right around the corner. Funny how that happens. So today I bring you 5 of the 187 things I still need to do.

1 | Send invites.  I guess we want people to actually attend our wedding, right? It took us long enough to send out Save the Dates, who knows when the actual invite will go out. And I'm just now recovering from writing addresses on nearly 100 envelopes and licking all those stamps. Did you know when Erik and I finally sat down to send out our Save the Dates he said his job would be to "lick the stamps." What is this 1995?! He really, really thought you still had to lick stamps. Oh, my future husband.

There's our Save the Date. We make a cute wine glass and bottle, huh? Also, don't know why I said I was writing addresses on envelopes, seeing as this is a POSTCARD.

2 | Food.  I would say I could just send this blog post to everyone on our guest list and call it a day. But I suppose part of the reason you need to send out wedding invites is to conduct a small survey of what people want to eat. Except we haven't decided what food will be served. So there goes half the invitation. But the important thing is that there will be an open bar. 

3 | Find a wedding dress.  Oh right, that thing I'm supposed to wear. Not only have I not started looking for a wedding dress, I have no idea what style dress I want to wear. I do watch Say Yes To The Dress anytime I happen to catch it on TV, that counts for something, right? I'd also like to be in better shape before I start wedding dress shopping, which brings me to number 4...

4 | Stop eating like I'm pregnant.  You know, it's really hard to do something for 9 months and then just stop cold turkey. Mmmmmm turkey, Thanksgiving, pumpkin pie. You see what I mean? My mom told me yesterday I was "just as skinny" as I was before I was pregnant. Then later she asked if the jeans I was wearing were pre-pregancy jeans. Ummmmm I thought I was just as skinny as I was before I was pregnant?! Gotcha there, Mom. 

I made this for breakfast the other morning. Ooops. 


5 | Cake, flowers, officiant, tuxedos.  All minor details. And if you're following along closely, you probably noticed no where did I mention bridesmaid dresses. I gave that responsibly to my bridesmaids. Genius! I sent out a "very confusing" (their words, not mine) mass text one morning telling my "easily confused" bridesmaids they would get to pick out their own dress and shoes. Takes the pressure on me, puts it on them. But hey, now no one can be mad they don't like their dress! 

Okay now that this post has throughly stressed me out, I'm off to wedding plan. Just kidding. Probably make another bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit.

4 comments:

  1. For a minute I thought you said your wedding was in February and I got nervous haha. You have time. My sister got engaged one Christmas day and was married in June. It'll happen :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this might sound odd being that i don't actually know you (in person, anyway!) but i'm happy to help with anything wedding-related that you need - i mean, dunno what i could do, but, ya know :) love your STDs and excited to see pictures of you dancing/eating cake/being married in a white dress <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your jeans look great. Just eat what you want. Ugh! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It doesn't seem like it matters since now you can eat like your breastfeeding!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger