Fall Food

Monday, October 14, 2013

Now that it's finally starting to cool off around these parts (& by cool off I mean it's FREEZING. Highs in the low 80s! Literally every morning I walk outside expecting to see my breath, but no such luck yet. Hey, I'm from AZ where it's a bajillion degrees in the spring, summer, fall, winter, so cut me some slack!) But I digress, now that it's finally "cooling off" it's finally starting to feel like Fall, which means Fall Food! 

One of my favorite foods is soup. And awhile ago I discovered Hamburger Soup and it was an insta fave! Simple, delicious, perfection.


1 tbsp evoo
1/2 a medium yellow onion, chopped
2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 lb ground beef
Salt & pepper to taste
1 can condensed tomato soup + plus 1 can water
2-14 oz. cans beef broth
1 can of sweet yellow corn
1 cup cooked macaroni (my personal fave to use is shells)

Heat evoo in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion & garlic. Sauté until the onions are just soft. Add ground beef & season with salt & pepper.

While all that is cookin, add the beef broth, tomato soup & water to a large pot. Bring to a boil, then simmer. In another pot, cook pasta to package directions.

When the meat is done, add to soup mixture. Mix in corn and pasta and simmer for 5 minutes. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. my husband will love this -- thanks for sharing! perfect for one of our subzero nights :)

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger