Favorite Things: Christmas Edition

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles plus warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things

I'm singing right now.  Can you tell?  You're actually lucky you can't hear me.  I'm an awful singer.  I often daydream about what my life would be like if I could hold a tune to save my life.  But I digress, this post is all about my favorite Christmastime things.  Singing Christmas carols is obvs not one of them.

Holiday Themed Classroom Activities.  You know I love a theme & this applies to my classroom, as well.  I love decking out my classroom in season/holiday decor.  This was a new project for us this year, "Gingerbread Men Around the World."  Each student had to choose a country and create an appropriately themed gingerbread person.  Not to be biased.  But I absolutely am in love with the Italian  man in the top left corner.

Air Wick Homemade Holiday Vanilla Butter Cream Cupcake.  I discovered this scent literally two days ago and I. AM. OBSESSED. Since it's so new I sometimes forget about it, walk into my kitchen (or bathroom) & think who is baking cupcakes?! It's that good.  

This view.  When lounging on the couch, watching TV, blogging, eating dinner, etc, etc, etc. Why can't we have Christmas trees all year round???

Festive Drinks.  I have two favorite holiday drinks.  Exhibit A: Brandy & eggnog.  and Exhibit B: Mulled wine.  We've been using a gluhwein mix from a local winery to make mulled wine but it's just about out & I've been seeing some great recipes out and about on some blogs that I can't wait to try!

 Giving Christmas gifts! I love when I finally (FINALLY!!!) come up with perfect Christmas gift for everyone on my list.  Lots of my gifts will be semi-homemade this year & I would totes share now but I'm a little scurred some people who said gifts will be for read my blog. Sooooooooo.  Maybe I'll share them after Christmas?!  Because they would also be perfect for birthdays, Mother's Day, Father's Day...next Christmas?

 My favorite Christmas movie. I love this movie so much! When it plays 24 hours straight Christmas Eve/Christmas Day, it will be on at my family's house that entire time and no one will get tired of it. Oh my god. I just thought of all the lines I wanted to quote from this movie right here & now and realized it was just about the entire movie, so I'll leave you with this Ooooooooooh fuuuuuuuuuuuuuudge.


2 comments:

  1. How bad is it that I've never had Eggnog? Maybe this will be the year I try it;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's crazy person talk! You must definitely try it this year!! :))

      Delete

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger