5 Lessons Learned In 9 Days

Monday, February 1, 2016

Erik comes home tonight after being out of town for 9 days (!!!!).  The good news: Sofia and I survived. The better news: only a handful of things were damaged (my ego, quite possibly being one of them).  Let me begin by giving all the praisejesushands to moms and dads who do this solo everyday. Like some sort of novice, I thought this would be super easy. I could get so much done! I would have so much free time! Oh, the possibilities!  While maybe there wasn't a whole lot of productivity going down, memories were made and lessons were learned.

Lesson #1: Don't get cocky and think you can take a solo trip to the bathroom.  Your child will find and break a full bottle of balsamic vinegar all over the kitchen floor.  Luckily no one was hurt, and unfortunately no photos of the crime scene exist, except for those that came and went on Snapchat (christinarienzo in case these kind of shenanigans interest you).

this happens a lot on Snapchat too

Lesson #2: Drink wine while sitting on the floor at your own risk. My brother and sister-in-law came for dinner one night, and before we ate, we were all hanging out in the living room playing with Sofia.  Kobe started barking, I looked over at him, and from the other direction, Sofia came crashing into me. Wine. Everywhere. Including all over my brand new VS Pink sweatshirt. Side note: after I purchased the sweatshirt, the thought of "am I too old to be wearing Pink?!" crossed my mind. Maybe now that it has been completely ruined within a matter of days, someone is trying to tell me the answer is YES.

Lesson #3: When in doubt, park it out. We started going a little stir crazy being home all day on the weekend, but the park was our sweet, sweet escape. The weather was absolutely perfect! And after each trip, Sofia came home and promptly took a nap. Win-win.



Lesson #4: Whatever you're about to reach for at the moment your child starts having a meltdown in the grocery store, double check you've grabbed the right thing...... or you will get home and realize that 12 grain bread you thought you bought, is in fact cinnamon raisin bread. Avocado toast on cinnamon raisin bread ain't too bad though---said the starving mom.

Lesson #5: Get yourself some good friends.  The kind who bring over pizza and Chinese food. The ones who hang out with you & your baby on a Saturday night and invite you to sushi on a Sunday.  My heart is seriously so full from the girls week Sofia & I had, and all our girlfriends who came to hang out with us along the way! But we are so so ready for Dada to come home!!


xo



1 comment:

  1. Just for the record, Glamma DID offer to come down and help!!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger