Weekend Happenings

Monday, February 29, 2016

Mondays are always a little rough. But they’re especially rough after a 4 day weekend (thanks Rodeo Break!!). Sofia and I spent the day at home Thursday. Everyone in our house has been kind of sick, so I thought we would take the day to recoup the best we could before the actual weekend. We had breakfast in bed, watched some Sesame Street, played with bubbles, and took a stroll around the neighborhood.




On Friday, we hit up the children’s museum. I have been wanting to take Sofia to the children’s museum ever since my class went on a field trip there in October. Girlfriend enjoyed it just as much as I thought she would! There were all her favorites: books, balls, blocks, puzzles, pretend food, bubbles, chalk, markers, paint, slides, and tunnels. I had equally as much fun watching her enjoy herself so much. Friday night, Erik surprised us and took us out on a family date. We went to a really great Asian restaurant just down the street from our house. After we put Sofia to bed, Erik and I scoured Netflix for a movie to watch (actually it’s more like Erik surfing through Netflix and me saying no to every option). We ended up agreeing on a movie called Dope, and I was shocked by just how much I enjoyed it. If you’ve never heard of it (I hadn’t) I would suggest watching it. FIVE STARS from a harsh critic right here. 



Saturday morning, we picked up some Starbucks for breakfast and headed to the park. The weather has been absolutely gorgeous and Sofia just loves being ‘side! When we got home from the park, it was nap time (for her, not us, unfortunately). Erik and I had big plans. CLEAN THE HOUSE. I’m truly not a fan of the word “adulting” but I felt like we were totally adulting Saturday afternoon. That night, we decided to reward ourselves for all our hard work with some surf & turf on the patio. It was perfection.



Sunday morning Sofia and I went grocery shopping (which was an absolute disaster, but we lived to tell the tale!). Basically she decided she hated HAAAAAATED sitting in the shopping cart and needed a ball from one of those obnoxious ball displays. So now envision me holding Sofia holding a huge bouncy ball pushing a full shopping cart. Needless to say, when I put her down for her nap yesterday afternoon, I said, “eff folding laundry! I’m laying out by the pool!!” After her nap, we hit up the outdoor mall and perused around (and bought Sofia some cute new spring ensembles). We ended our night watching part of the Oscars (only made it about halfway, because boredom, honestly). Sofia made it about a tenth of the way through and it is so hilarious watching her watch a show that involve applause because little miss loves copying anything and everything. 



Hope everyone had a fabulous weekend! Happy Monday! xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I hope she gets over her jacket obsession before summer hits!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger