A Good Problem To Have

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Probably my favorite thing about Erik is that he can always always always make me laugh. He makes me laugh randomly. He makes me laugh when I'm sad.  Goshdarnit, even when I'm trying to be mad at him he can make me laugh. And sometimes it's the things he does that just make me giggle.
For example, on Thursday afternoon, Erik said he was going to the store to get some tonic water.  He asked if I wanted anything, and I said tomatoes. (Which he scoffed at. Because who in their right mind would EVER enjoy eating tomatoes?!?!).  So off he went. I started doing things around the house perusing Pinterest. About a half hour passed and Erik still wasn't home.  The grocery store is right down the street from our house and he was only getting TWO things.  But alas, I did not worry because I know grocery shopping isn't Erik's forte.

But about 5 minutes after realizing, "Erik should probably be back by now."  He walked through the front door. With 3 bags. And a very concerned look on his face. 

Me: Ummmmm. What's wrong?
Erik: I got dinner for tomorrow night.
Me: Oh! What did you get?
Erik: Steak and lobster.
Erik: This is why I can't go grocery shopping by myself. It's a problem.
Me:  Well. That's a good problem to have.

So Friday I went to work and daydreamed about the delectable dinner I would be having that night.  


We tag-teamed dinner duties.  He made the steak & lobster. I made the potatoes & drank wine ;)
And it was every bit as delectable as I had spent daydreaming about.  


8 comments:

  1. what a sweetheart -- sounds like a lovely dinner :) I should get Jon to read this post for some inspiration... get him cooking for me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I think I have the BBQ to thank for this...Erik has been cooking a lot more since we got it!

      Delete
  2. This is too funny and the food looks so amazing! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there! Just found your blog, and I'm already hungry. :) So with that said, I can't wait to follow along!

    M

    abrinkadventure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just checked out yours too, love love love it!

      Delete
  4. Hi! Just found your blog -- love it!! I'm a new follower :) And that was so sweet of your boyfriend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you!! always happy to have a fellow wine lover :)

      Delete

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger