Parents Weekend

Friday, September 27, 2013

Oh hey, Friday! What a perfect day to give a weekend recap of my past weekend.  I mean since we're on the cusp of a new weekend and all. And I shall name this weekend recap "Parents Weekend" since my parents came to visit and saying Parents Weekend still kinda makes me feel like I'm in college ;)



While the boys were out golfing my mom & I got some brunch. And by brunch I mean we split cheese curds and a breakfast sandwich.  While Momma R opted for a beer, I indulged in this beauty...


...I bestow upon you, the Sassy Mary. Burger with a side of bloody mary, please!




Of course, there was also a Target pit stop  shopping spree involved, 

where we snagged these super cute decorate yourself luminaria bags.

Mom and Dad also bought us the most perfect housewarming gift. Yankee glasses.

And of course, a bone for Kobe. (He seriously LOVES posing, no joke.)


Then there was dinner. We went to this restaurant in Tucson we've heard a lot about (and actually tried to go to once but it was packed and we were starving, so we decided another time).  And what better time than with some T-town (no one calls it that) visitors!

We began with bacon wrapped frog legs.  This was also my first frog leg experience and I hope to have many more in my future.


And then, there was my drink.  Disclosure: I LOVE PICKLES. 
This drink is appropriately named The Dirty and included pickle infused vodka (must figure out how to do that), olive juice, and a brined pickle garnish.  Not for the faint of heart (or any normal human being, probably).


I also had the most amazing roasted eggplant sandwich, with pomegranate ketchup.  And, oh hey, another pickle!



Sunday morning, Erik made some of his famous crab cake benedicts. And I put our new Yankee glasses to good use with some spicy bloody marys. (I spy another pickle).


And then it was time for some football, which of course means the Rufferee needs to be in uniform!

From one weekend to another, hope everyone has a great one!



2 comments:

  1. my husband was reading this over my shoulder and he all but drooled when he saw the burger on the bloody mary. yum!! looks like you had a great time with your mom :)

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger