Help Make a Big Difference to Our School With Target

Thursday, September 12, 2013

For those of you who don’t know, I am a kindergarten teacher at a Title I charter school in Tucson, AZ. And although there are some days I want to sit in a corner and have a temper tantrum myself, I absolutely love my job. Every day is pretty unpredictable working with 19 5-year-olds, but I can be sure of one thing: at some point during our chaotic day, a huge smile will be brought to my face. From these kids being ridiculously hilarious, to watching them discover they learned something new-how could I not be the happiest (and most stressed out) person on the planet?!

Aaaaaand for those of you who don’t know exactly what a Title I school is:

“Title I is the largest federally funded education program for elementary and secondary schools. Title I is also designed to focus on special needs populations and to reduce the gap between advantaged and disadvantaged students.

States that have Title I schools have several requirements to keep the funding. Schools must have a child poverty rate of at least 40% to operate a school wide Title I program. A school wide Title I program can provide benefits to all students and is not just limited to those students who are considered to be economically disadvantaged.”


This year, our school is participating in the Give With Target (gotta love Tarjay!!!) program. That means if our school receives just 25 votes, Target will donate $25. For each additional vote, our school will get $1 more. It is super simple to vote, all you have to do is click on the link below, then click VOTE! AND I (& OUR STUDENTS) WOULD BE FOREVER GRATEFUL TO YOU!!! From this one small gesture, you have made an unimaginably huge difference in our school & to our students.


CLICK HERE to vote once a week until September 21. :) :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger