Weekend Recap

Sunday, March 30, 2014


You know it's gonna be a great weekend when it starts with a Chikfila oreo milkshake! This weekend, Erik & I headed up to Scottsdale to visit some friends and family and on our way there, I had the absolutely brilliant idea to stop at Chikfila.  (Bonus genius points--it was Friday! I seem to only have Chikfila cravings on Sundays when, of course, they're closed. Does this happen to anyone else?!)

So we got into town Friday night, met up with some friends for sushi and ended the night playing Pictionary.

On Saturday, Erik and his brother played golf and I got to see my college bestie, Kate, who was in town from San Diego.  She was staying at a resort in the area and it was a gorgeous day, so we decided to spend the afternoon laying by the pool.


and no pool day is complete without a quesadilla & guac


I had seen my BFF, Sarah the night before and when I saw Kate Saturday afternoon, I officially asked both of them to be in bridal party. 



Sarah, Kate, and the rest of the girls (including myself!) absolutely loved the adorable labels I found on Etsy at the ClassicWeddingDesign shop.

Saturday night, we BBQ'd at my parents house and watched UofA lose against Wisconsin (womp womp).  We had Kobe with us at my parents, Erik's brother and girlfriend brought their dog, and my sister brought her new puppy to join in the festivities, too.

There's a reason Kobe isn't in these photos.  One dog, he can handle, more than that, he gets real awkward.  He's the dog you can find at the dog park sniffing the patch of grass as far away from the other dogs as he can get. Poor Kobs. 

And since we started this mini roadtrip with some delicious food, why not end it the same way?! On our way back to Tucson, we stopped at our favorite drive-thru breakfast place and I picked up this bad boy: eggs, tomato, bacon & pesto on a warm croissant.


This weekend was fabulous, so I have a hard time saying this was the highlight but I'm pretty excited about the newest addition to our home.  My aunt & uncle purchased this for us as an engagement gift.  And what home is truly complete without a bar car?!



Hope you had the best weekend ever, bring it on Monday!





1 comment:

  1. ALWAYS crave chickfila on Sundays! Love your way you asked your girls and seriously my hubs was going crazy during the UofA game and it ruined his bracket:/ have a good week!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger