Am I A Grown Up?

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

While we were at dinner in Seattle one night over Christmas Break, Erik's 7 year old niece kept asking if I was a grown up and I kept asking her, "Well do YOU think I'm a grown up?!"  She couldn't come up with an answer and neither could I, so finally I just sighed and said, "Ya, I guess." 

At this same dinner outing with Erik's niece, nephew (he's 9) & Erik's dad & stepmom, a couple who had been sitting at a table near us, approached our table as they were leaving, and looked right at Erik & me, and the woman said, "I just wanted to come by and compliment how well-behaved your children are."  Erik & I stared at her in shock for a couple seconds, until one of us (me) pulled themselves together.  I mustered up a smile and thanked her.  We all laughed after the couple left, but inside I kept thinking, "I DO NOT LOOK OLD ENOUGH TO HAVE A 9 YEAR OLD!!!"  
After that dinner, it was solidified, I am a grown up.

And although deep down I know, and accept that I'm a grown up, here's a list of reasons that might just be a whole bunch of rubbish.

1.  I wear a leopard onesie to bed.  Yes, feeties and all.  The only thing this bad boy is lacking is one of those buttflaps for making midnight bathroom-going a tad bit easier.

I'm sad because I have to put on work clothes. 

2. Speaking of bed, my bedtime is 8:30.  I kid you not, I am in bed by 8:30 Monday-Thursday.  Although I may not fall asleep until 9:00-9:30 8:35, I've got my teeth brushed, jammies on, & head on my (not so) fluffy pillow by 8:30 sharp each night.

3. I don't own a punch bowl.  When I was planning my 25th Bday Bash, one of the things I knew I had to have was spiked punch.  But OH EM GEE I don't even own a punch bowl!!! Luckily, I was having said soiree at my parents' house, so I didn't have to worry about owning a punch bowl, until next year, when I'm a grown up. 


4. This is my favorite food.


5. Our Christmas tree is still up.  What self respecting adult still has their Christmas tree up on January 14?! Anyone....anyone......??

There she is in all her New Year glory.

Happy Tuesday, my friends! Being an adult is sooooo overrated anyway.









1 comment:

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger