Montana

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Well well well, here I am back to reminisce about our Christmas vacation.  After we spent Christmas with my family in Scottsdale, we hopped on a plane the next day and headed to Montana.  Erik's mom & stepdad live in Billings, a place I had visited before and a place I knew would be very, very cold.  Although I was so excited to visit, I was also quite nervous my warmest clothes (I live in Tucson where the coldest it gets is like 50-60 degrees) wouldn't cut it in 20 degree weather.  So I packed every sweater I owned and hoped for the best, thinking it's nothing a little wine couldn't fix!

We arrived late that night, drank some wine, ate some chili, went to bed and woke up to these beautiful views...



That day we also left for Yellowstone.  Luckily Erik's saint of a mother bought us long underwear & earmuffs to help us brave the cold.  (I'm such a wuss, I know!!) We would be touring the park on a snow coach and I had no idea what a fun day it would be.  

But hello, when this thing rolls up to pick you up, you know it's gonna be a good day.

We spent about six hours on this thing, making stops to get a closer look at the beautiful wildlife, eat lunch, and play in the snow (or was that just me?)  And for your viewing pleasure, I present you with Yellowstone through the eyes of my iPhone...

Trumpeter swans

Bison bison bison 

Oh hey, Moose!

Hot springs

Mud pots

Geysers! (I'm FREEZING, but having the best time, can you tell?!)

This was one of the most amazing days of my life.  I saw spectacular things that I've never seen or have even imagined seeing before.  But one of my favorite parts of this day was challenging Erik's 12 year old nephew to a race in the snow.  The distance we decided to run didn't look too far but holy shit running in the snow is no easy task.  He had the lead for quite a while until finally I passed him, then fell about a foot from the finish line.  I crawled in the snow (terrible idea, in retrospect) those last 12 inches, I wasn't about to let this kid beat me. But alas, he did, only by millimeters I tell you!! He later told me he ran in my footprints. (Smart kid!)

Happy Thursday! Don't stay too thirsty xoxo  












2 comments:

  1. Looks like such a great trip, love all the snow!!! :)

    xo
    Megan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so fun seeing all that snow! & then getting to come home to sunny AZ :)

      Delete

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger