I'm Baaaaaaaaack

Sunday, January 5, 2014

I'll start this post by saying one of my New Year's resolutions is to blog more.  Like 3 times a week.  At least.  Kinda sad my last post was December 19, but I have a kinda good excuse.  I've been on vacation!

If you don't know, I'm a kindergarten teacher, so I've had the past two weeks off (and I'm not ready to go back to work tomorrow: cue temper tantrum), and Erik was able to take that time off work too, so we were able to visit our families in 3 different states.  I was going through my pictures today, and there's quite a lot, and I don't want to bombard bore you, so I'll start with our time spent in Arizona with my family.

We left for Scottsdale the day before Christmas Eve, and hosted an Ugly Sweater gift exchange at my parent's house.  After my 25th birthday and discovering my friends are just as into theme parties as me, I've been scouring my brain for any & all times I can throw one.

But before we left for Scottsdale, Erik & I had a gingerbread house making contest.  I was convinced I could beat him, but he kept telling me otherwise.  My house is on the left.  Joke's on me I guess.


Now back to the Ugly Sweater Party...




My best friend, Sarah was in Paris & couldn't attend, but she was there in spirit thanks to my dad.


Kobe & his cousin, Albie also dressed up.

Christmas Eve we did it up Italian style with a Feast of 7 Fishes

My dad makes the best seafood salad. I swear it gets better every year.

Of course there were festive drinks...

...and family



But the highlight had to be playing Cards Against Humanity with Grandma.  If you don't know Cards Against Humanity, you must get to know it. Think of it as a dirty version of Apples to Apples.


Grandma is not amused.

Hope you all had the best holiday season!!












No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger