Babies, Engagements, & New Years Resolutions

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Monday in class we were talking about New Years, when all of a sudden one of my little darlings had an “ahhhh-ha!” moment & blurts out, “I know why it’s called New Years!!!!!! Because it’s a NEW year!!!!” Oh, tiny humans.

SO. Babies and engagements. No, I am neither pregnant nor engaged. But everyone else seems to be. Yes. EVERYONE.  Have you ever been in a room and announced, “I hate everyone.” And everyone in the room is shocked shocked that you hate them. No you buffoons, I’m not talking about you, obviously.  My point being, I use the term "everyone" quite loosely, and the word "hate" for that matter too, because I really don't hate anyone.  Swear.  It just seems like when you know more than just one person who something is happening to (ie. preggers or engaged) it seems like it's really happening to everyone & their mother.

Now, would I like to be engaged or pregnant?  I sure wouldn't mind rocking some new bling (Okay, I really love my boyfriend too.  Like sometimes it grosses me out how in love with him I am.  Ewwww cooties).  And as for the bambino?  I have to admit the thought of a mini Erik running around (not to mention how good Erik is with kids) makes my heart melt.  But then there's the lightening bolt of a reality check when I think about how unconducive our lifestyle is to having a kid right now.  Wine is just something I am not ready to give up for longer than a week day.  

I just love him so much!!!!

But it seems as though sometimes my mind is taken up by thoughts of getting married and having kids (where my life should be when I'm 25, right?! lolz silly brain, why do you think like that?!!) And that is why one (of my many) New Years Resolutions is to BE PATIENT.  I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo impatient.  When I get an idea in my head, it has to happen NOW.  Which is not always a bad thing.  But for stuff that I know will eventually happen, it is no bueno.  I am certain Erik & I will get married and have kids when the time is right (oh how cliche) and for now, just calm the eff down.  
Namaste, my friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger