How To Turn That Frown Upside + A Year Of Fun Bright Idea

Friday, January 31, 2014

Yesterday was a pretty crumby day.  Nothing seemed to be going right at work & I was feeling defeated by the day.  Right after work I went to the gym to, as I texted Erik, "blow off some steam from this terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day." (Alexander and the Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Day is a book & it's great!)  What it talks about is not letting a couple things going wrong ruin your entire day.  Not to mention, one of my favorite songs, Good Day clearly tells me, "Instead of waiting around through ups and downs...I just say we're gonna have a good day."

So, it was me, not the day, that was the problem.  It didn't hurt either that after telling Erik about this terrible horrible day, he took me out for pho. 

Pho cures all.

While at dinner, we started talking our "Year of Fun" (our first 2 weeks are here & here).  Erik suggested we do "Meatless Mondays" (I think hell froze over when he said that) and have a movie night every Wednesday.  I suggested each Wednesday we trade off who gets to pick what movie we watch and the other person can't complain! He agreed.  So instead of posting every single day on our Year of Fun updates, I'm going to share our Meatless Monday recipe & a review of the movie we watched on Thursdays. 

I've been jamming to Good Day all morning & thinking about what lil Alexander taught me, because heck yes TODAY IS GONNA BE A GOOD DAY!

TGIF!



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger