Erik's Birthday

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Tuesday was Erik's 33rd birthday and I thought I'd be a super nice fiancĂ© and decorate the house a bit for the celebration.  Erik leaves for work about a half hour before me, so I furiously put up streamers and balloons (the ones we had leftover from our Superbowl "party").  I left for work feeling accomplished, knowing that when he walked through the door after work, he would feel showered with birthday love.  When I got home from work that day, Erik had taken down some of the balloons and was using them as if they were balls to play with Kobe.  He had done the same thing with the Superbowl balloons, so I wasn't too appalled.  But after a few minutes he didn't mention anything about the birthday decor, so this went down:

Me: Do you like your birthday decorations?!
Erik: I thought these were still up from the Super Bowl.
Me: ------
I don't say any of this because it was his birthday BUT... THE SUPER BOWL WAS OVER A MONTH AGO. WHICH MEANS FOR OVER A MONTH THESE DECORATIONS HAVE NOT BEEN UP IN OUR HOUSE.  SORRY THAT I DIDN'T BUY NEW STREAMERS AND BALLOONS FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY BUT I THOUGHT YOUR KEEN EYE WOULD REALIZE THAT I HAD TAKEN THE SUPER BOWL STUFF DOWN A MONTH AGO AND PUT THESE UP SO YOU WOULD FEEL SPECIAL ON YOUR BIRTHDAY!!! GAHHHH!!!!!!
#birthdayfail #sorrycapslock #ilovemyfiance

Okay. Now that I've gotten that out, I feel a lot better.  I had told Erik that I would make whatever he wanted for dinner on his birthday and of course he asked for his favorite pasta, which I didn't mind because it's my favorite too.  Except on Tuesday, both of us had crazy stuffy noses and thought the delicious pasta would be lost on our tastebuds, so we decided on the next best thing, pho. 


When we got home, I made some cookies and topped them with ice cream because birthday cake is so overrated.


Erik questioned whether the cashier asked me if I was buying these candles for two 3 year olds.......haha ummm NO.

Yesterday we were feeling well enough to fully enjoy this pasta, so the birthday shenanigans continued!


Happy birthday, my love!






1 comment:

  1. Happy belated bday Erik! I can't believe he thought the decorations had been up the whole time! Men are such observant creatures! That pasta looks amazing....yum yum

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger