Mom of the Year Moment

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

We’ve all had them. Those Mom of the Year Moments, where you see your kid letting the dog lick the cracker she’s eating and then eat it herself but are like, “whatever kid, build up your immune system” or when you’re sitting on the floor drinking wine and your child pummels into you and spills wine all over your clothes. And hers. Yep, those moments.

Sofia loves playing with anything and everything, except her toys (of course). However, I will give the gal some credit and say she loves books. But I digress, one of Sofia’s favorite places to play is in the pantry, which is fine and dandy because she can only reach the bottom shelf where all the spices (in plastic jars) are. Letting her fiddle with the spices buys me 5-10 minutes to prep dinner, tidy up the kitchen etc. so I don’t fight her when she insists on opening up the pantry to find her most coveted “toys.” 

While she was playing in the pantry the other day and I was unloading the dishwasher, I noticed she was blowing raspberries. “Oh how cute,” I thought, “she’s doing such a good job entertaining herself!” But then I took a closer look and realized she was just kind of spitting, and her tongue was sticking out, and she was kind of swiping it with her hand. And then I realized in her other hand was GROUND RED PEPPER. SHE GOT GROUND RED PEPPER IN HER MOUTH. (And wow! My 16 month old was able to unscrew the lid of ground red pepper!). I quickly tried to wipe off her tongue with a paper towel (because that works, right?) and gave her some milk to help lessen the heat. She recovered in a matter of minutes. Me on the other hand, took a bit longer as I let it soak in that my child ingested red pepper on my watch.

with a face like that, how can she ever get in trouble?!

Tell me I’m not the only one. What’s your Mom of the Year Moment?



1 comment:

  1. I once left my child on a dock in a stroller (strapped in!) and ran inside because there were too many seagulls and my bird phobia took over. (head hung in shame)

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger