An Italian & Mexican Weekend

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Our weekend started a little Italian, went a little Mexican, and finished a lot Italian. So, in a sentence, it was perfect. 

And by started a little Italian, I mean a little Italian.  Maybe doesn't even count as Italian, but we're goin' for it. Drumrole please... We ordered from Dominos! Erik & I were both pretty tired and didn't feel like going anywhere (or cooking). So Dominos it was! 

And how can you not love Pete the Pizzamaker?!

On Thursday, I had found out I won 2 tickets to a Salsa & Tequila Challenge here in Tucson, so of course, all that was on my mind the next 2 days were margs & tacos, and the event did not disappoint!! However, I was disappointed in the lack of photos I took. (Side note: I won the tickets by entering a contest for best margarita or salsa recipe... you can find my "Oh My Guac! It's a Margarita!" drank and lots of other yummy concoctions here.) 

Here Erik & I are on the way to the competition...



I clearly had big plans to document this event, but now I must resort to stealing a photo from a friend from work who also joined us, because in the end, I completely failed on the photo front.


Sunday nights I try to make a "family dinner" which always seems to be Italian, because that reminds me the most of family.  (And I pretty much don't cook pasta on any other night--Italians everywhere, including my mother, are disowning me).  But this Sunday we tried a new recipe and it was grand! I used this recipe I found on Pinterest, but rolled up the sausage & ricotta in lasagna noodles, instead doing stuffed shells and just about tripled the amount of garlic. Oh & I omitted the mushrooms (because someone in this house haaaaates mushrooms).

Pre-Oven

Post-Oven

Hope your week so far has been just as happy as our bellies were this weekend!

2 comments:

  1. love this -- we would probably have a ton of fun double-dating :) jon loves pappa johns, and his favorite thing to do when i'm on vacation is to order from dominos, pappa johns, and pizza hut all in one weekend. oyyy vey. the boy loves his pizza :) as for me, i mostly like white pizzas so it's a little harder to find...

    ReplyDelete
  2. double date! maybe that'll have to happen during one of our run-ins in the Phoenix area :) oh! and after I told my coworker about our exciting Friday night, she told me she loves Dominos white pizza. (never knew that existed!) sounds like you need to check it out!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger