Catchin' Up With Kindergarten

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Well. Well. Well. I survived my first 3 weeks in kindergarten of the 2013-14 school year (and so did my kids) so to celebrate, I thought I'd share 3 projects we've done so far this year!

The first project was actually a homework assignment (I know, what a mean teacher, assigning homework the first week of school).  The kids had to find letters in magazines, newspapers, etc. and create their names.  I think they came out so cute & were all so unique!


Within the first week of school, I also introduced my kids to Pete the Cat.  And if you don't know Pete, you need to get to know him.  He is awesome... he sings, he's silly, and has a fantabulous message, "it's alllllll good." 
Bonus! His stories are simple and there's a lot of repetition, so after kids hear the story a few times (and before they can actually read) they can pick up the book and "read" the pictures, which makes them (and me) so happy.
I bestow upon you our Pete the Cats!

"I'm love my red shoes, I love my red shoes."

And finally, the first science subject we cover in kindergarten is Our 5 Senses.  And what better person is there to teach you about the 5 senses than Mr. Potato Head?!


Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger