My Love

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

I think it's a little obnoxious when people who are dating announce how long they've been dating. Every. Month. (i.e. logging on to Twitter and seeing "Happy 13 Months!!!! xoxoxoxoxo @loveofmylife").  Apologies if that's you, and I congratulate you on your relationship, and maybe just MAYBE I'm a wee bit jealous you can keep such good track of dates and such. Erik and I don't even know the exact date we started "officially dating" but we knew it was in mid-August and we like the number 8, so August 18th it was! But if you're more like me, sorry in advance for the sappiness of all this...

This past Sunday, I looked at my phone at about 5PM and noticed the date. Wait! August 18! I walked out to the kitchen, where Erik was doing some work (so imagine he's sitting at a computer, staring hard at charts and graphs) and I said, "it's happening, it's today."  Yes. I know, I have such a way with words. Please. Just do me a favor, and give me credit if you ever steal that line and use it on your sig other.  Erik pretty much ignores me because he thinks I'm being a crazy person (and I do things like this often, where I say things that ONLY make complete sense to me).

I notice this, so I get really close to him and jump up and down and yell, "it's our 4 year anniversary! happy 4 year anniversary!"  And he stops what he's doing, and looks at me like I'm a completely sane person, and says, "I love you so much."  No, we didn't celebrate our anniversary or get each other gifts. That moment right there, was all I needed. 



4 comments:

  1. I always keep track of the dates. It's been 6 years for me and my bf and I still celebrate our anniversary every year... lol

    Mel
    www.ipinkiloveyou.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's awesome though!! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! You two are just like Mike and I :)

    xx
    Megan
    http://hellonewlywedlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger