Red, White & Blue

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Memorial Day weekend holds a special place in my heart because it is the weekend (5 years ago!) Erik and I met in San Diego. You can read all about it here.  I was 20 1/2 years old and distinctly remember asking Erik if he would buy me beer. When he asked if it was because I had no money, I snapped back with, "NO! I'm twenty and a half!" 
Now we're engaged and expecting our first child.

And what better way to celebrate this glorious holiday than with some red, white and blue food & drinks?! I'm taking our favorite things from the 4th of July and using them again this weekend, because why reinvent the wheel?

There is no better way to start the morning than with some red, white and blue pancakes & bacon.  Just use your favorite pancake recipe, divide in half, add some red food coloring to part and blue food coloring to the rest. Top with whipped cream & berries. 


And when it's "5 o'clock somewhere" whip us these  blueberry mojitos.  To make them extra festive, throw some sparklers in 'em! I'll be making a virgin version of this for myself this year, extra berries please!


Have the most wonderful three day weekend! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger