Humpday Bumpday: 22 Weeks

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Well this morning started out with me going to the bathroom (shocking) but as I stood at the sink washing my hands, a spider came out of no where and crawled across the bathroom floor. It stopped for a split second, as if to mock me and give me a millisecond to make my move. The closest thing to me was the scale on the floor, so I picked it up and threw it on top of the spider. I didn't see the spider escape from under the scale but I had my eyes closed and was screaming so who really knows. I was way too scared to lift the scale for about 10 minutes and when I finally mustered up the courage, there was no spider to be found. I used a few choice words then picked up some bridal magazines (the heaviest things I could find), put on some slippers, and searched the bathroom for the spider. I couldn't find it. So now a spider rules my house. 

But enough about that, onto the bumpdate!


How far along: 22 weeks
Gender: GIRL!
Weight gain: 18 lbs. My doctor ASSURES me I'm "right on track." Whatever you say, doc. 
Maternity clothes: My cousin is giving me a bunch of her old maternity clothes this weekend which I'm pretty excited about, because the "let's see what regular clothes I can squeeze into" is becoming a real hassle.
Stretch marks: No
Belly button in or out: In
Sleep: Some nights I sleep great. But the nights I have to wake up to pee are no bueno. Once I'm awake I start thinking about things like, "How the eff are we going to get everyone's address for our Save the Date cards?! Wait. We need to order Save the Date cards. Wait. We need to make a list of people we're inviting to the wedding."
Best moment this week: We're going to San Diego tomorrow and I've been looking forward to it all week!!
Miss anything: Wine. Some nights every night it would be nice to sit back on the couch watching TV with a glass of wine. 
Happy or Moody: Happy! Although I find something nearly everyday to cry about.
Movement: She's a mover & a shaker!
Cravings: I've been having a corn bread craving I really need to do something about.
Queasy or sick: Can't complain! 
Symptoms: I thought I'd add this line mostly so I can talk about PREGNANCY BRAIN. It is REAL, my friends. I have forgotten my cell phone at the nail salon and in a shopping cart at the grocery store. Today I met Erik for lunch and I forgot my purse in the restaurant. I was almost at my car when our kind server came running after me shouting, "Ma'am is this your purse?!" I was so in shock that I had forgotten my PURSE, I could only get out a, "Thank you. I'm pregnant." 
Looking forward to: A long weekend in San Diego :)



2 comments:

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger