Sick Day

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Yes, I am having myself a sick day.  And not one of those "pretend you're sick and play hooky from work days," a real "I'm sick" day. Blahhh.

I woke up in the middle of the night Sunday with a really sore throat, which I thought was strange because I have the most awesome humidifier (more on that later) but tried to go back to sleep & woke up at 6AM to get ready for work. I wasn't feeling too terrible, just keeping my fingers crossed this sore throat would disappear as the day went on.  But it didn't. And I realized around 10AM I had a fever too.  So I left work and went to Urgent Care. 

Erik also had a doctor appointment yesterday (he's not sick -- just a checkup for him). So of course, we texted each other doc office selfies ;)
2 hours after sitting in Urgent Care (apparently Monday is the most popular day to get sick) I left with some antibiotics & instructions to rest.

Rest. I'm not very good at that. I hate haaaate haaaaaaate sitting around doing nothing (even when I'm sick!) but Erik gave me firm instructions several times before he left for work this morning I needed to "lounge and watch TV all day." Okay, FINE! But I will also be semi-productive & blog my favorite sick day cures ;)


1. Crane Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier (i.e. the amazing humidifier I mentioned at the beginning of this post). I don't just use it when I'm sick but when Fall & Winter hit and the air starts to get dry & you wake up every morning with a sore throat -- this thing will save you! And works double time when you're sick.

2. Celestial Herbal Tea-Sampler Pack.  This is my favorite tea! And I especially love the sampler packs because all the flavors are so delicious and throat soothing. My personal fave right now is the Honey Vanilla Chamomile.  Also, when I have an especially sore throat I make Cayenne Pepper Honey Tea (you can either do it with plain hot water or add it to tea) and it's made just like it sounds, by adding lots of cayenne pepper & honey to your tea! :)

3. Burt's Bees Natural Throat Drops. I love these because they don't leave your teeth feeling like they have a film of sugar over them.  They also taste great (and make your throat feel great) with no funny aftertaste when it's gone.

4. Arm & Hammer Simply Saline Nasal Mist. Although I don't have a stuffy nose with this fun sickness I've got, this is my go-to when I do.  I tried a Neti Pot a few times and not only was it extremely uncomfortable to use, my stuffy nose was back within a matter of minutes.  This spray will clear you up and keep it that way for quite awhile!


Alright, back to tea drinking I go before I get in trouble for not resting enough! 

xo








2 comments:

  1. That's awful. I hope you feel better. I just got over something myself. Drink lots of water and lemon tea!

    xo Mel
    turquoise blonde

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, I hope you feel better soon! Thanks for the Burt's Bee recommendation because lately my throat has been feeling a bit soar, and I hate that feeling!
    xoxo
    -B ♡ MsBerryStylish 

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger