Taco Tuesday

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Although Erik & I celebrated Taco Tuesday a day early, it gives me the perfect opportunity to share with you our taco delight on the appropriate day! I would have gladly waited, but after deciding SATURDAY we wanted tacos, Tuesday just seemed too long to wait.  Especially after I did some taco research & discovered Baked Cheesy Tacos.

I took what I found from several recipes what we already had in the pantry/fridge and this happened...

Holy Yum!

Boooooonus! It was super simple to make.

1 lb ground beef
1 small onion, diced
1 small can green chilies
1 (16 oz) can refried beans
1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
Taco seasoning (I made a homemade recipe, see below or use a packet of one)
1 cup shredded cheddar jack cheese
12 hard taco shells (I used those ones that have a flat bottom so they would stand up easier in the casserole dish)

Homemade Taco Seasoning (sorry I didn't measure any of this whatsoever...)
Garlic powder
Onion powder
Crushed red pepper flakes
Dried parsley 
Cumin
Paprika
Sea salt
Black pepper

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, brown the ground beef and onion.  Drain excess fat.  Add chilies, beans, tomato sauce, & taco seasoning. Stir well and cook for 3-5 mins.

Place taco shells in a casserole dish.  Spoon taco meat into shells.  Sprinkle with cheese & bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted.  (Side note: I let it broil on low for the last minute & a half just so the cheese got a lil extra crispiness to it.)

Top with lettuce, salsa, black olives, sour cream, tomatoes, etc. etc. etc!

I can't believe the rest of the world kept inventing food after tacos.  Good try, world.


4 comments:

  1. OMG I just ate and now this is making my mouth water!!!! lol…

    xo Mel
    turquoise blonde

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohmygoodness, this makes me want to go back to phoenix just to be around people who know how to make *real* tacos.. so delicious! i mentioned i grew up there, right?? went to westview :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! :) I went to desert mountain. I live in Tucson now and we have the BEST tacos & tamales here!

      Delete
  3. Wow, this is awesome. I definitely will be trying this soon! Thanks for sharing. :)

    -Christina Theresa

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger