Weekend Update

Sunday, November 17, 2013

This was quite the relaxing weekend, which was absolutely perfect, especially since the next 3 weekends we will be in Phoenix for some shenanigans (Erik's brother's birthday, THANKSGIVING!!!!, and then my birthday). So a weekend filled with movies, food, & some wine was just what we needed!

Friday night, Erik & I met up with some friends for a couple drinks at happy hour.  As we were headed home, we decided to rent a movie (Kevin Hart's standup--Let Me Explain, if you don't know Kevin Hart, you should get to know him because he is hilarious!). 
We also picked up some of these...

If you have forgotten how great these things are, let me quickly remind you, they taste just as delicious (perhaps more) as they did when you got them from the ice cream truck when you were 7 years old.

Saturday morning, I headed to the gym (wonder why?!) and was STARVING when I got home. Erik has pretty much learned if I'm ever in a bad mood I'm either hungry or tired. And he figured out pretty quick Saturday that I was HANGRY (hungry+angry).  So he suggested we go to the mall, and stop at Panera for some brunch.

Panera had a sign in the front window advertising fontina grilled cheese & tomato soup and I knew immediately that is what I had to have.  And it was every bit as delectable as I could have imagined.

After lunch, Erik & I headed over to the mall to get a gift for his brother's birthday.

Oh & to admire Erik the sweater model ;)

That night, we tag-teamed dinner duties. He made the steak & lobster, I made the spinach & garlic mashed potatoes (and drank wine).


My friend also texted me this last night, which I found pretty hilarious. 

I fell for all of them, did you?

Sunday morning I got up unusually early, so I decided to take a BodyWorks class at the gym.  And luckily I did, because I arrived home to this...


Now it's time for some football & more relaxation.  Hope you had a great weekend!
Not like I need to be thinking about more food...but it's almost Thanksgiving, guys!!!!

xo



4 comments:

  1. OMG I friggin love those crunch bars like no ones business.
    Kallie @ But First, Coffee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they. are. amazing. & I woke up with a sore throat this morning...perfect excuse to eat the rest of the box! :)

      Delete
  2. OMG I haven't had one of those strawberry bars in forever! I don't even know where they sell those around my area

    xo Mel
    turquoise blonde

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we found these at a grocery store here & it was the only brand they were selling. I've also seen them sold individually at gas stations & drug stores. good luck!

      Delete

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger