5 | Things I Kinda Sorta Didn't Know About Being Pregnant

Friday, July 11, 2014

I heard about a new, awesome link-up with September Farm yesterday and I thought why not join the party?! So today I bring you 5 things I kinda sorta didn't know about being pregnant. Now it's not like I had no idea any of this would happen, just maybe not with the vengeance it did. Without further adieu, numero uno..

1 | You'll get two new girlfriends.  They are large and in charge. They've got a mind of their own. They're boobs. I refer to mine as two huge, floppy pancakes but Erik decided "flapjacks" was a better word for them. So I have flapjacks for boobs. Oh please please please go back to your normal size one day. 

2 | Mood swings? More like mood ATTACKS. PMS has nothing on pregnancy. And if PMS is any precursor for the mood attacks you'll experience when pregnant, I should have known this was coming.   I cried (hysterically) for 30 minutes the other night because Erik said he saw a lizard in our house. I then texted him the next day while he was at work thanking him for putting up with my insane pregnant self.

3 | Naming a baby is hard. SO. HARD. I actually did an entire post on this, but had to mention it again. What seems like my whole life I've been thinking of baby names I liked but when it comes to the name YOUR kid will have for their ENTIRE life, it really adds some pressure. Baby Anderson miiiiiiight have a name, unless we change our minds yet again. But I plan to stick with the one we've got. Unless we think of a better one.

4 | There's a tiny human growing inside you. Like I said, these aren't things I had NO idea would happen. Obviously I know I'm pregnant. How people wind up on the show I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant and give birth in a toilet I'll never know. But some nights I wake up in the middle of the night and think, "I can't believe there's a baby in me!" It's like I just can't wrap my mind around it. It's cray. 

5 | Pregnancy brain is real. So real I almost forgot to add this to the list (I'm not kidding). I forget to text people back, leave my purse in restaurants, my cell phone in shopping carts-the list is endless! I told my coworker this must mean my kid is gonna come out really smart based on how many brain cells  she's stealing from me; she informed me there was no correlation. A girl can dream.

And because this is a pregnancy post & such
here's a picture of me at 14 weeks and (now) at 25 weeks.


Happy Friday!!



7 comments:

  1. Haha, people tell you all about pregnancy but you really don't GET IT until it happens to you!!! Wait until you give birth and that milk comes in, your new friends will def outstay their welcome! you are such a beautiful preggo btw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gah! you're the tiniest, cutest pregnant gal! and don't get me started on the flapjacks and the mood swings. it's more than any woman should have to deal with. thank you so so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still can't believe there is a baby ine and I'm about to pop
    Her out. It's absolutely nuts! Boobs boobs boobs.... Shit mine were huge to begin with and now I just can't even fathom the size. Holy balls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww you look really great!! I can imagine whenever I am pregnant I would be tickled silly by the fact that something is growing inside of me so I totally get you! Have a great weekend and thank you for stopping by my blog today :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok - you may just be the cutest pregnant woman ever! I am terrified of pregnancy brain. I don't need anything else making me more forgetful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are so gorg pregnant! and yes i can definitely see how naming a baby is hard. so much pressure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This cracked me up. So true on so many levels. You look great.

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger