Pregnancy Ramblings + A Bumpdate

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Can I just first proclaim how delicious Kraft macaroni & cheese is?! Not to toot my own horn (toot toot) but I make a mean baked mac & cheese, using fancy cheeses like gruyere but nothing can compare to what comes out of that blue box. 
Moving right along, I recently purchased some Bellybuds so baby girl can jam out. Or not jam out. Erik insists she only listen to classical music. 
I was playing some tunes for her the other day and did not feel her move much at all (maybe all that classical music put her to sleep), so I decided our jam sesh was over. But before I took the headphones off, I showed Erik a video I had come across on my laptop of him flying a toy helicopter and Kobe chasing it; there wasn't much sound in the video until the end when I yell, "Oh my gosh, you suck!" At that moment, baby girl did the hugest kick. Maybe she recognizes my voice?! Or perhaps it was just a coincidence. Either way, pretty cool. 
Speaking of my belly and budding (see what I did there?), a stranger asked me for the first time this weekend when I was due. It really caught me off guard. as my first thought was, "How did you know I was pregnant?????" I guess I'm in a bit of denial that my food baby has officially turned into a soccer ball of a baby bump. When I told her October, I was even more thrown off when her next comment was, "Oh a winter baby!" Is it just me or is October in the fall, not winter?! Please advise. 
Erik & I were sitting on the couch the other night, when he also noticed my belly has been growing at an exponential rate. He commented about how large and in charge it was lookin' then said, "It could happen any day now!" "It" being the birth of our child. No. No. NOOOOOO. It cannot happen ANY day now!!! Geeez Louise. I feel like I've been pregnant forever and a day, but I'm not ready to have this baby yet and she sure isn't done baking in there. My eyes are still rolling. 
Alright, I think this has gone on for far long enough, onto the bumpdate!


How far along: 25 weeks
Gender: GIRL!
Weight gain: 18 lbs + 
Maternity clothes: Thought about becoming a maternity clothes designer after I pop this baby out. I'll sell cute clothes at even cuter prices. 
Stretch marks: Nope
Belly button in or out: It's still in and I swear if it wasn't such a black hole to begin with, it would be out by now.
Sleep: I slept so great last night! But then I got up and turned my head to the left and realized I also slept on my neck in some funky way. 
Best moment this week: So many great things this week! Besides 4th of July weekend being an absolute blast, Erik built us a garden in the backyard!! We also received our stroller and carseat (a gift from his mom), AND I found out my insurance will cover 100% of the cost of a breast pump!!
Miss anything: Wine. I try not to say that every single week, but I feel like it's been awhile, so wine I miss you dearly! 
Happy or Moody: Happy! Erik frequently comments that I'm much nicer pregnant, which is definitely a back-handed compliment, because I'm always nice. I once asked Erik who the nicest person he knew was (thinking he would say me) and he named one of his friends. Admittedly, this guy is probably waaay nicer than me, but it's the principle!!!
Movement: She's movin' and groovin' in there. Erik felt some of her rolls for the first time the other night. I think he was quite shocked (impressed?) at his daughter's skillz. 
Cravings: Cheerios. What an underrated cereal! 
Queasy or sick: Feeling good!
Symptoms: Like I said, I'm feeling good! And if it weren't for my growing belly and baby summersaults, I might forget I'm even pregnant. HA! That's doubtful, but you get my point. I do have my glucose test on Friday, wish me luck!
Looking forward to: My baby shower on Saturday!!!


8 comments:

  1. That is definitely a certified bump and not a food baby anymore! You look adorable in your maxi :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute bump! You look great in that maxi as well! As for the water thing (you are no reply so I had to come look for you to respond) I put lemon in the morning but other than that Im just drinking my water plain. Trust me two weeks ago I was just like you but you get used to it! Good luck on two gallons a day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooops, my bad! thanks for finding me & answering my question!! :)

      Delete
  3. I am obsessed with cute little pregnant ladies and when they wear cute outfits!! This is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kraft has definitely been one of my favs too!! You know her favorite voice to hear is yours... Mommas touch ;)

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger