All Hail The Kale

Thursday, July 10, 2014

I was going to title this post "Kale Salad" but that was way too boring, and although we're eventually getting to the same point, always rhyme and/or use a pun whenever you can. This recipe comes from my BFF Sarah who you might have seen around ze blog before. She doesn't (but should) have her own blog because "she's not cool enough" (her words, not mine) which is basically her telling me I'm way cooler than she is. I mean, that's what I got out of that anyway. When we grow up, we plan to become the next Hoda and Kathie Lee, but until then I shall just share a kale salad recipe she shared with me that was too good not to share with you.


What Ya Need

1 bunch o' kale
Coconut oil
4 slices of turkey bacon (or regular bacon if you like to party)
An orange
Dried cranberries
Sliced almonds
Lemon juice

What Ya Need To Do

Wash and chop kale, removing most of the stems. Sarah specifically told me she likes to cut the kale into 2 inch pieces, so I feel like that's important to point out, for more reasons than one. 

In a medium pan, heat up a tablespoon(ish) of coconut oil over medium heat and add kale. Start cooking the bacon in another pan at this time, as well. Sauté the kale until it becomes wilty. (What a terrible word to use in a recipe, but I can't think of a better way to describe it). Desired wilty-ness should take place in about 8 minutes. (Actually I don't know, I've never really timed it). 

While you're waiting for your kale and bacon to cook, peel the orange and cut it into bite-sized slices. 

When the kale and bacon are done cooking, chop the bacon. Toss kale, bacon, orange slices, dried cranberries, almonds and lemon juice together in a large bowl. 

And there you have it, the kale salad. 

1 comment:

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger