A 4th of July Recap

Monday, July 7, 2014

I love the 4th of July. Everyone dressing in red, white, & blue, the fireworks (more holidays should include fireworks), spending the day outside, the BBQ & beers-it's the best holiday! Although there were no beers for me this year, I did light off fireworks for the first time. Which is actually quite surprising it took me this long, considering my mom informed me this weekend I first held a sparkler when I was 3 years-old! 

We headed up to Phoenix Thursday after Erik got off work, with all our red, white, & blue clothes in tow. The real festiveness began Friday morning with breakfast. 

 I was quite proud of myself for not burning a single pancake this year, much improved from last year.

Later that afternoon, we headed out for some pool time and BBQ. (Not one pool or BBQ photo exists. None. Nada. Fail.) 

However! I do have some festive photos of Erik & I ready to watch fireworks.


The baby totally woke up during the fireworks... she wants in on the party too!

Erik's good friend works at a golf course, so he was able to get us all wristbands, and we had an amazing view of the show, which was set off right over a lake. Now, I won't bore you with the 35 awful pictures I took of the fireworks, but here's one, because America.

Ooooooooooh, aaaaaaaaaaaah.

We ended the night setting off some of our own fireworks, a little Taco Bell, and Orange is the New Black. So perfection, really. 

Saturday morning Erik not only cooked us breakfast, but serenaded us with some Elton John jams. Winning! After breakfast I headed out to Target and TJ Maxx to see if I could find any deals & steals on 4th of July baby clothes. And I did. Double winning!



And then I did something real cray. I baked a pie. I love love love cooking, but have managed throughout my life to royally screw up anything and everything I've ever tried to bake. But lately, I've been trying to turn over a new leaf, if you will, and embrace baking. I mean it's so fun and tasty! I want in on the fun!! And kudos to me for not messing this one up! 


After dinner and pie, we set off the rest of our fireworks and sparklers in the backyard.



Hope everyone had the most wonderful 4th! xoxo



2 comments:

  1. You are a beautiful pregnant woman and those pancakes look awesome!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger