BIG NEWS!!!

Monday, April 7, 2014

Have you noticed? Something is missing from the blog.  And no you jerk, it's not ME.  Although, I have completely failed at my New Years Resolution of posting at least 3 times a week. (But New Years Resolutions are stupid anyway).  Have you figured it out yet?! Let me give you a hint, this blog is called Would You Like Some Cheese With That Whine? I LOVE wine. Have you seen any wine on the blog in the last few months??? Well my friends, that is because Erik & I have some very exciting news...
We are expecting a baby in October!!!

Here's our little pumpkin, who I am convinced is a girl.  Even the ultrasound tech at our 12 week scan said if she had to make a prediction, it would be girl, but we'll have to wait a few more weeks to be sure. Can't wait!

I found out I was pregnant at the beginning of February. I just kinda had a feeling, so I took a test one Friday after work, but I only saw one line, so I thought my feeling must be wrong.  The next morning, that gut feeling was still there, so I took another test.  This time, two pink lines popped up, but one was still so faint, I wasn't 100% convinced.  So I went to Tarjay, and picked up a digital test that would tell me plain & simple, "Pregnant" or "Not Pregnant."  And sure enough, it came up pregnant! 


Erik was still asleep when all this went down, so after he woke up, I told him I had to tell him something. He was standing in the doorway of our bedroom at this point and he asked if he should stay there.  I suggested he sit down on the bed, and I brought out the digital pregnancy test.  Before he even saw what it said, I think he knew what was going down. His eyes filled up with tears, he smiled, and said, "REALLY?!" Then he high-fived me.

We couldn't be happier to start this new chapter in our lives. (oh & we're planning a wedding for June 2015, more on that to come!)  And I'm also so excited to follow in the footsteps of some of my favorite bloggers & start posting Bumpdates. 

12 Weeks


How far along: 12 weeks
Gender: I think girl, Erik thinks wants a boy
Weight gain: 5 lbs
Maternity clothes: I purchased a couple pairs of Gap maternity leggings, and they are the most comfy things ever!
Stretch marks: Hoping to steer clear of those, I've already started using Weleda Pregnancy Body Oil
Belly button in or out: In
Sleep: Good! Except for having to get up and pee 2-3 times a night
Best moment this week: Seeing baby at our 12 week scan! We got so many great pictures, despite him/her being a complete wiggle worm.
Miss anything: Wine (duh).  Having ANY energy past 8PM.
Movement: We got to see so much movement at the 12 week scan, it was amazing!!
Cravings: Fruit! I want nothing to do with veggies (which is the complete opposite of how I usually am) and peanut butter.
Queasy or sick: I finally stopped feeling crumby 24/7 and couldn't be happier about that!
Looking forward to: Finding out if we're having a boy or girl!

Happy Bumpdate Monday!

2 comments:

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger