Things That Gross Me Out

Saturday, April 12, 2014

I probably wouldn't read this if I was eating.  Actually, I might not read this at all.

Cottage Cheese. Strange that I actually love cottage cheese.  But seeing it anywhere outside the container really grosses me out.  Like, for example, this morning Erik ate some cottage cheese for breakfast and didn't make sure all the curds (OMG! That word can just send me over the edge!) made their way down the drain after he rinsed out his bowl.  So when I used the sink next, I was greeted by curds. Gag. But like I said, I love cottage cheese, but I'm the weirdo who can only eat it out of the container or in a restaurant when I don't see it moving from container to bowl.  Maybe this post should really be titled "Things That Make Me A Weirdo."


Swimsuit bottom sanitary stickers. I'm not sure what the technical term is for these bad boys, but we all know those stickers that come on every swimsuit bottom we buy. They're gross.  I'm thinking I should invest in some latex gloves for every time I have to remove them.  Right now I'm just using a bunch of tissues.  And damn those things are sticky! Making it extra hard to remove with a bunch of tissues in your hand.

Socks in the bed. There is a rule in our house: No Socks In The Bed.  The thought of Erik's feet touching mine while he's wearing socks...I CAN'T.  Or my own feet being suffocated by socks and sheets and a comforter...NOOOOOOO.

Loose Teeth. Yes I'm the kindergarten teacher who can't stand loose teeth.  No, I will not try to pull out your loose tooth, nor will I encourage you to try to pull it out during the school day. When kids come up to me to show off their loose teeth, I give them my biggest smile, tell them, "That's awesome!!!" and suggest they wait til they get home to try anything crazy, like pulling it out.  BTW, do you know kids are making like 10 bucks for loosing a tooth these days?! No wonder they're so eager to pull them out.


Snot. Yes I'm also the kindergarten teacher who hates snot.  Sure, you can throw up in front of me, but please don't let snot hang out of your nose.  Tissues are our friend.



Yeah, maybe this really should have been called, "Things That Make Me A Weirdo."

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger