Spring Break: San Diego

Monday, April 28, 2014

Well friends, I survived my first day back at work after Spring Break and a long weekend in San Diego. Knowing that there's only 4 more weeks of school really helped too!

San Diego, here we come!

Thursday, Erik & I left for my favorite place on Earth, San Diego! The weather was absolutely perfect when we arrived and we stopped in Ocean Beach for some fish tacos (no photos of the tacos exist-I ate them way too fast).


We spent the rest of the afternoon lounging at our hotel pool... which overlooked the beach. (it was a little too chilly for my Arizona blood to be hangin' at the beach).



The next day we took a stroll down the boardwalk and checked to see if our summer beach house still existed. 

It did.


I made friends with a dog.

Then we met up with some of Erik's friends for some "drinks" at the bar.  I put drinks in quotes because the only drink I was having was water.  And a lot of it.  Which lead to 34839020349 trips to the bathroom.

You can see here how I feel about having "drinks" at the bar.

Saturday, I met up with my friend Kate for brunch, then Erik & I headed off to a BBQ.  The couple hosting the BBQ had an 8 month old son who I was quite excited to meet because that is the age our kid will be at our wedding.  I was very interested to see what a child that age was capable of and what their  demeanor was like.  From what I gathered, they are quite squirmy. 

Before we headed home Sunday, Erik and I got some "coffees" (Mexican hot chocolate for me), strolled down the pier, and ate a delicious breakfast with an ocean view.





It was a great spring break (and as my mom reminded me, my last childless one)!  I'm already looking forward to our next trip to SD in June.

Happy Monday! XO
















No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger