4th of July Recap

Friday, July 5, 2013

Good 5th-of-July morning! I've seen a barrage of "who invented work on July 5th?!" statuses this morning & all I have to say is... should have been a teacher! ;)
We started the day yesterday with Patriotic Pancakes. And bacon. (because you can't have an American breakfast without bacon). Let me just say, I used to make pancakes by myself when I was 8 years old. Flash forward 16 years to yesterday morning and I was making pancakes on the struggle bus. I burned about 3 5. Made a huge mess. And had to start making blue pancakes because I lost too many red ones to burn city. After topping these bad boys with whipped cream & blueberries, I promised myself I would never do this again! But I was quickly reminded how good pancakes taste. And thought, "Okaaaaay. Maybe I can do this again." And channel my 8 year old pancake makin' badass.


After breakfast, we hung out & watched some of our morning programs (because we're 85 years old). One of these shows happened to be Rachael Ray. I had stocked our fridge with beer prior to the 4th, but Rachael was making sangria. Mr. Boyfriend suggests we make sangria too. UGGGGGGGHHH. Fine. Twist my arm. But since sangria is best if you let it sit for several hours (I ain't got time for that) we decided on blueberry mojitos

And to make it all the more festive, we threw some sparklers in 'em!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger