Pasta With Lemon Butter Sauce & Italian Sausage

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

As promised, here is our favorite pasta from this post. Erik & I first discovered this savory sauce at one of our favorite Italian restaurants here in Tucson. It was unlike anything we had ever tasted before. I mean, so good that I was inspired to try to make it myself. I scoured the internet looking for what I thought would be a similar recipe and found one here & adapted it to make it more like the one we had at our fave spot.

WHAT YA NEED:
1 cup white wine (I used Barefoot sauvignon blanc)
Juice of 3 lemons
2 (or 3 if you're like me & a garlic fanatic) tablespoons minced garlic
3 shallots, finely chopped
Pinch of salt & pepper
1 dash hot pepper sauce (I used Tabasco)
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 sticks butter, cut into pats
1 tablespoon fresh or dried parsley

1 lb. mild Italian sausage
1 lb. pasta (sometimes I break up lasagna noodles, Sunday I used campanelle)

At the same time I start making the sauce, I also start boiling the water for the pasta and cooking the Italian sausage on the stove over medium heat.
Heat a large skillet over high heat. Add the wine, lemon juice, garlic and shallots. Lower heat to medium-high & cook for 3-5 minutes. Lower heat to medium and stir in salt, pepper and hot sauce and cook mixture for about 3 minutes. Stir in the cream and cook for 1 minute. Over low heat, whisk in a few pats of butter at a time. When you have added all the butter, remove from heat & continue whisking until all the butter is melted. Pour sauce over pasta and add sausage. Sprinkle with parsley & enjoy!






3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got a little click happy & deleted your comment :( blog fail. But yep, I am Italian! This pasta is amazing ... a little time consuming, but SO worth it.

      Delete
    2. I'm Italian too, got married in Italy -- I know an Italian girl when I see one ;)

      Delete

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger