Goodbye Summer

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Some title, huh? Especially for those of you who are still enjoying summer.  Tomorrow I go back to work.  No students until August 5th, but we'll have teacher trainings, professional development, classroom setup, etc. etc. etc. etc. until then.  So I thought I'd take some time to reminisce...


What seems like YESTERDAY, my little kinders graduated to big first graders.


The day after school got out, Erik & I took a trip to beautiful Montana to visit his parents.  It was the perfect way to transition into summer.  After the hustle & bustle of the end of the school year, a relaxing long weekend is just what I needed. (spoiled much?)


...annnnnd then we enjoyed a staycation at a resort in Scottsdale. (again, spoiled much?) Staycations are so underrated! And living in AZ, you get the added bonus of hotels heavily discounting rooms because summer is when everyone else is trying to get out of the heat.

I bought a car! (oh. my. gosh. talk about stressful! I needed a glass or 3 of wine after that)  But I love Yari! (the Yaris)


We celebrated Father's Day...

...and National Martini Day (June 19, in case you missed it this year)


Moved into our new home!




And obviously we made some time for wine tasting!


Then there was the night we discovered Giant Jenga (this is important, if not only for the obvious-it's AWESOME but I love am obsessed with games)


And of course, San Diego :) (I realized in my SD post there were no pics of my dad, sister, or her boyfriend, but they exist! And here they are!)


**And drumroll please** We cannot forget the birth of the Royal Baby! 
(Exhibit A: Why need to go back to work-sometimes I have entirely too much time on my hands)


It's been real. It's been fun. It's been real fun, Summer 2013. xoxo.

5 comments:

  1. Hi, just discovered your blog, it's super adorable!
    Looks like you pack a whole lotta fun into your summer! Well done! New house, vacation, staycation, new car!
    New follower :)
    Kallie But First, Coffee or But First, Coffee on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much!
    Your blog is awesome as well, following ya back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your cake is a hole in one! bah.. bad joke, but i love it. is it OK if i feature on my blog for the hubs bday?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I must have made that joke 100 times. No one laughed...glad someone else appreciates it! But yes, go ahead-I'd be honored! :)

      Delete
  4. Just came across your blog and love it. New follower!

    www.ipinkiloveyou.com

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger